Welcome!

Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, August 27, 2010

Living In Spite of

"The Expendables,"...fantastic movie!! Definitely recommend it to all who love action, and it's funny too! 

I accepted a C25K (couch 2 5K in 9 weeks) challenge, and I'll tell you what, I haven't ran in 15 years. I always wanted to start jogging, you know runners always make it look easy, but I never really got around to it. I have now decided it's something to make an informed decision about. If I still want to run at the end of the challenge (provided I don't suffer or aggravate injury) I'll continue. If not, well, I can't say I never tried. Right now, on day 2, I don't think I'll continue. IT FLAT OUT SUCKED!!!!!!!!!! Course I'm out of shape and my cardio lacks too so that could be influencing my decision a little. :P

I have always believed you never know until you try, and I have forgotten that. At the top of my page is a quote I have chosen to live by. "...life is full of experiments, the more experiments you make the better." What a fantastic way to say live life and don't be afraid to try new things and make mistakes. 

Some of us believe we only get one chance on this Earth, and if we do, then why are we wasting it on our asses watching television, or whatever we do that prevents us from living?

I am writing this blog for two reasons, 
a.) because I am so excited I have chosen to take back my life in full force, and
b.) because on those days I forget, I can use this to remind me that it's not ok to watch life go by and not try because you're afraid, or you feel you don't deserve it. 

Fear is a debilitating disease, and it will consume you and your life if you allow it. We all experience fear of all different kinds. The trick is to learn not to master it and conquer it, though if it's possible that's good too, but to accept it, embrace it as part of who you are (that you have fears), and learn to live in spite of that fear. 



Goodnight! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment