Welcome!

Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Where in the world?

If you could pick anywhere in the world, where would you go? I have been asked that question, and I don't have an answer for you. The only answer I could give you is I want to see all of it. I would LOVE to go to Alaska, I would love to see real live penguins in their habitat, and whales jumping in the ocean. 

I yearn to see the ruins of the Colosseum, and Greece as well. Seeing the Scandinavian lands of my ancestors would be awesome, and I will tour an maybe even stay in a castle! To party with the Irish would probably leave me recovering for days. New Zealand seems like Heaven on Earth, and I've been obsessing over Australia since I was a child. 

I plan to visit all of these places and more, and it will take many years. That's perfectly fine. I have a lifetime to fill with stories, and that's what I plan to do.  Some of these adventures will be for the whole family, some will be just me and hubby, or even just me. 

My first excursion next year will be to Jamaica to do the tropics as so many have done already. It will be a perfect starting point. The year after that...who knows? We could pick a location close to home, or we could choose to travel abroad. That's the beauty of the whole thing. There's no reason, no rhyme, just pick a destination and make it happen! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment