Welcome!

Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, September 24, 2010

I want to open a clothing store. I will offer maternity and clothes for women who are in the process of losing weight. The closest place to get good maternity clothes is over 1hr away, and plus size clothes here are less than unattractive. It's awful. 

For years I have told hubby  someone should do this, and one day I realized there's no reason it shouldn't be me. No, we don't have any money, and no I don't have experience managing a store. But I have retail experience, and hubby's been a store manager. Plus I like to think I have good taste in clothes, and I listen to the public. Since there are no maternity stores around here, I know for a fact there is definitely a demand for it. There's always space to rent/buy. I can do this. I also have friends who would be more than happy to help in the planning and conception process.

I have already begun the business plan for it, and until I have what I need, I will save up for it. I would like to be able to do this without getting a loan, and saving up for it will allow me time to study and do some research on owning and running a retail store. Not to mention looking up clothes and deciding exactly what products to offer and not to offer.

Imagine being pregnant and walking into a store where no one touches the belly unless you say! I have ideas for my store to be THE place to go to get your clothes, and I will make it happen because I can. 

I am having some challenges in coming up with an inventive name for the store. I would like it to be "tongue-in-cheek" and kind of fun, but not too long, and easy to remember. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment