Welcome!

Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, February 4, 2011

February

I know, I know...January kind of ran away on me! Wow!

Ok, first things first. I did OK only on my January resolution of cooking something new every week. I forgot all about it the first week, and was able to stick to three weeks of putting something new on the menu. They were all easy, and that's fine. As a working mother of three, I don't want fancy meals that take all day to cook. The other week I missed was due to a death in the family. I just wanted to make sure the kids were fed, and relied on easy and fast meals I could just do with my eyes shut. All in all, I'm not happy with my effort in of January's resolution, but I'm pleased with it.


For the month of Feb, this is my plan. I have four weekends in which to do this. I have felt very guilty in the past for not taking the effort to do things with the kids. My goal in Feb, for at least two, if not all the weekends, is to do something very fun and special with the kids. Take them sliding, skating, to a movie, it doesn't matter. They deserve to have fun, and I'm the one responsible for making sure they have it. I have decided this is one I am going to keep for more than Feb. As long as they do their chores and responsibilities, they will have fun on the weekends. Tonight there is supposed to be a community sleigh ride and skating party at the park, and I want to bring the kids. That will be the first. Tomorrow, there is something my daughter has been begging to go to all week, and I really want to take her. Weather permitting, we will be going. She'll love it! 

I'm excited for this month, and excited to do things with my babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment