Welcome!

Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Ok, so normally I'm not one for New Year's resolutions. If you're going to make a change, don't wait, start right now and get it going.  I know, I know...it's a whole new year, time to start something fresh, make some changes, etc. 

And why don't we have birthday resolutions? That's a whole new year and beginning as well. I know when I turned 30, I was so excited about the prospect of a new decade, a chance to make it really count. As of Nov. 15, I am 36, and though I have had some big accomplishments, I don't have many memories and stories to tell. Nor have I learned anything new or explored who I am. So this is what I have decided I am going to do starting New Year's Eve. Yes, I am actually going to have a resolution this year. 

Starting Jan. 1/2011, I am going to learn something new every month. It doesn't have to be a skill, it can also be informative or educational. I am going to take the next few weeks to think about what I want to learn or do in January, and I'm going to do it. It doesn't have to be extravagant, but it does have to be something I have never done before.

I will post what I'm going to do the week before the first of that month. It can be anything from sports, to craft, to research. Finishing these projects is also required if I choose a project or craft. It does not have to be completed by the end of the month, but no procrastination either. I have to work on it, and get it finished. Last, it does not have to take the whole month. It can be something that takes one day, even an hour. After the "project" for the month is done, I will post about it.  

The whole idea is to not be afraid to get out of my comfort zone and live outside the box a little. If something looks fun to do, I want to do it. I want to live and make some memories and have some fun making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment